This isn’t something that will break your site but it is something to stay on top of. With GDPR enforcement expanding rapidly, it’s easy to get sucked into the rabbit hole. To help, we’ve compiled a list of resources that will guide you through this ever-changing update.
Simply accepting terms and conditions in your Google Analytics doesn’t take care of GDPR (though it is a recommended action). It’s more about data collection and privacy policies. You will want to read (and listen) to the resources below so your business can stay compliant.
- Need to “flip the switch” on your Google Analytics? Search Engine Watch has your “How-To” guide on where to find the compliance button in your Google Analytics account
- Is your website on WordPress? WPBeginner takes a look at what GDPR means for WordPress websites as well as suggests some plugins that you can use to stay compliant
- GDPR also affects the setting of cookies on your website. An IT blog in the EU has written about Cookie Consent and what needs to happen to stay in compliance.
- We’re constantly learning from Moz for about SEO, Marketing, Content, etc. They’ve published two great articles, GDPR and Your Online Marketing & Two Urgent GDPR Actions
- Looking for the political reasons why the European Union is putting this into place? Check out: Harvard Business Review – GDPR and the End of the Internet’s Grand Bargain
- How does GDPR affect marketers? Social Media Examiner has your answers with their article “How GDPR Impacts Marketers: What You Need to Know”
- Don’t have time to read and need a podcast to listen to while you’re in traffic? Check out Rick Mulready’s “Art of Paid Traffic” podcast where he sits down with Suzanne Dibble a business law expert in the UK. Episode #188 “GDPR: Everything You Need to Know + How to Ensure You’re Compliant”
There are many moving parts to the GDPR Regulations. There is no one-click solution for 100% compliance. We’re working on our own sites to get them up to date with these new regulations. If you have questions and would like to talk to someone from flyte, feel free to contact us.