Local Search. Global Reach.
Whether you have one location or several dozen, getting found by locals or tourists in the search results is critical to your foot traffic, your delivery business, and your curbside pickup.
Who needs Local SEO?
When customers are looking for someone to paint their home, repair their car, or handle their taxes, they’re going to see local results.
When customers are looking to visit a retail outlet, they’re going to see local results.
When customers are planning a trip and they’re researching where to stay, what to do, and the best restaurants in the area, they’re going to see local results.
When customers drop in a location or use the phrase “near me”, they’re going to see local results.
In short, when Google feels that your customer has “local intent”–that they want a local provider–Google displays three results next to an area map…this is called the Local Pack.
For someone searching, the Local Pack pops! and they’re more likely than not to select one of those top ranking businesses. If you can break through into the top three, you’re guaranteed more traffic and more business.
How do you get into the Local Pack?
There are several factors that go into getting you there:
- Optimizing your Google My Business profile and keeping it up-to-date
- Getting regular, positive online reviews about your business
- Optimizing your site for each location
- Getting inbound links from other local businesses
- Ensuring that all of your online citations are correct and consistent
- Staying on top of the latest changes to Local SEO
- And more!
The challenges to ranking well locally
While it seems pretty straight forward, there are several reasons why local businesses struggle to appear in the Local Pack.
- No time to update inconsistent or incorrect information in the databases that power local search
- No time to encourage customers to leave reviews at Google, Yelp, Facebook, and other industry-specific platforms
- No time to regularly post to Google My Business
- No time to keep up on the ever-changing rules on local search
- No time to optimize your website to rank higher for local search
- No time to keep tabs on their local competition or national companies with local branches and bottomless budgets
As important as visibility is to local businesses like yours, it takes time and resources to stay on top!
If you feel that a Local Pack position would generate more business, revenue, and profits for your company, but you don’t have the time or resources to stay on top of it, that’s where we come in.
We’ve been developing and implementing customized strategies for local businesses for over 23 years. Our Local SEO experts know how to optimize your site, streamline your listings, generate positive reviews, and keep you ahead of the competition.
If you want a partner for your local digital marketing strategy, contact us today.Let's Get Started