Can your website close the sale?
Too many Web sites forget to ask for the sale. Visitors get to the bottom of a page and aren't sure what the next step is. There's no request for the visitor to call, fill out a contact form, or take the next step in the buying process.
When there is a call to action, it's often bland and unhelpful, such as “Click here” or “Learn more.” “What's behind door number three?” is more informative. A good call to action compels people to act with an enticing offer.
Consider the list below as a jumping off point to your own brainstorming session. Some of these calls to action ask the visitor to pick up the phone, others are looking for a click, some help with search engine optimization, while others are just concerned with getting the click.
The underlines show where I'd put the hyperlink, but only the last call to action actually goes somewhere.
When you've finished reviewing this list revisit your own site, add a compelling call to action, and watch your sales pick up.
- Contact us today for a free report on wealth management.
- How do we start?
- Learn how organic gardening can save you time and money.
- Save a child's life for less than the cost of a cup of coffee.
- Get a free market analysis of your home.
- Enroll in our online classes and increase your earning potential.
- Call us today at 871-7921 and ask for our Web discount.
- Subscribe now for free tips for doing your own taxes.
- Read how to get a full night's sleep in just 4 hours.
- Relax. Reserving a full-body massage at our day spa is just a click away.
- Watch this video on organizing your desk and office space.
- See how we're helping small businesses manage their books and create a positive cash flow.
- Does your child suffer from OCD? Take this simple test.
- Buy this book now at Amazon and start losing weight tomorrow. (Or in 7 – 10 days with the super saver delivery.)
- How can interior design help me cuts costs and improve sales?
- Learn how to choose the perfect engagement ring and avoid costly mistakes.
- Listen to an excerpt of this self-hypnosis audio CD.
- Call now for a free 30-minute consultation.
- What's the first thing you should do if you're home alone and you hear an intruder?
- Reserve a room now for Valentine's Day Weekend!
- Take our Internet Privacy and Security quiz.
- Learn how you can afford a bigger yacht than you thought!
- What factors should I consider before hiring an au pair?
- What are the five questions you should ask your auto mechanic?
- Call today and find out what the I.R.S. doesn't want you to know.
- Find out how affordable a residential architect can be.
- What are the telltale signs of anxiety for children and teenagers?
- Find out how we've helped other businesses retain key employees.
- See examples of our design work with non-profits and charities.
- Buy a season's pass and never wait in line again!
- How can a new hot water heater pay for itself in six months?
- Join MEBSR today and get access to the exclusive members area and discounts in our online store.
- Use our online calculator and see how much you can save.
- Which lawnmower is right for my lawn?
- Add to cart.
- Buy now!
- Download The 11 Biggest Mistakes Small Business Bloggers Make.
When you're done revamping your own Web pages please add your best call to action to the comments section on this blog post. The best call to action will get a link from our blog and next month's newsletter.
Now get creative!
Still need some help with your own calls to action? We can help.
President, flyte new media