I have a page that I want to rename. How do I do this? Also, if I can't rename the page, is there a way that I can create a new page and merge my fans over to it?
I currently have over 1,000 fans on my page and I don't want to lose them.
Please let me know if this is possible!
– Facebook fan
Dear Facebook Fan,
I know how frustrating it can be when you decide your Facebook page name doesn't truly represent your page or brand and you can't change it. I also don't blame you for not wanting to lose all those fans you worked so hard for.
Unfortunately, you can not change the name of your page if you have more than 100 fans, at least not on your own. You can however request Facebook change the name for you. If you decide to request a Facebook page name change here are the steps to follow:
1. Edit Page
2. Go to the “Basic Information” Section
3. Where it says Name, you'll see a blue link that says “Request Change”
4. Click on the link and fill out the form
So, what should you do? You really only have a couple options.
1. Request a Facebook Page Name Change. (Then wait, hope and pray that it happens.) Or…
2. Create your new page, with the new name and ask your fans via updates and promoted posts to “Like” your new page.
While these options may not be as simple or as immediate as one would hope, currently this is the only way to go about the change.
Has anyone had luck with requesting a name change for their page? We'd love hear about it!