More and more, we're using WordPress here at flyte as our CMS of choice. Not only is it an easy platform for our clients to learn to use and update themselves, but it's also incredibly search engine friendly.
As always, there are way to increase search visibility even further. With WordPress, that way is by adding SEO Plugins. WordPress has an extensive collection of such plugins, but I thought I'd take a look at two: one for the WP beginner, and another for the more advanced WP user.
For WordPress Beginners: All In One SEO Pack
- Quickly and easily change title, meta-description, and keywords for your homepage, specific pages, or posts
- Edit your title formats on your homepage, specific pages, posts, archive pages, category pages, etc. (Making them “Page Title – Blog Title” vs. “Page Title”)
For the Advanced WP User: HeadSpace
- Everything from the All in One SEO Pack, including the option to import and support All in One SEO (as well as other related plugins), PLUS….
- Ability to more easily add (without getting messy with HTML) Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Add cool tools and tracking devices, like CrazyEgg