…or as spammer would have you believe: How to get 200 followers a day!!!
#FollowFriday or #ff
When done properly, FollowFridays are a great way to increase your Twitter network. The way it works is simple: on Fridays, you suggest your followers follow a certain tweep in particular. You can see that there’s the added benefit when the reverse is true: recommendations from the people you follow.
Look for the icon
Some time ago, Twitter launched its Verified Accounts for businesses and celebrities. With all of the copycat Tweeps out there, this is how Twitter is attempting to set your mind at ease.
I’ve talked about the utterly incredible #MEtweetups we have here in Portland, and they really are a great place to meet new folks on Twitter – both to meet some you follow already IRL (In Real Life) and others you hadn’t been following before!
Search for ’em
- Happn.in – find out what people are tweeting about in the world’s largest cities
- Nearby Tweets – search this very cool interface by keywords in tweets or location
- TweepSearch – search through bios for keywords or locations.
- Twellow – the “Twitter Yellow Pages” is another good source for searching by geographic location.
- Twitterholic – my favorite source to find tweeps by location.
- Twitter search – You can use Twitter search for a particular keyword, for your company, or even your location.