I’m putting out a call for help. I have a client who’s looking to have one place where they can send out email blasts to a wide variety of users as well as run some listservs for specific groups.
Normally I would suggest an email service provider (ESP) like Constant Contact or Topica, but I’m not sure that they can offer everything I’m looking for. The solution maybe some sort of online CRM system instead. Here’s what we need:
- Ability to capture a wide variety of contact information on each customer/user.
- Ability to tie our programming into their system. (We have done a lot of backend programming for this client, including some research surveys that help with specific diagnoses. We want to require visitors to subscribe to the mailing list for access to these diagnostic surveys.
- Ability for users to self-select interest areas, i.e., are they interested in general news from the client, research findings, products and services, etc.
- Double or confirmed opt-in and the ability to unsubscribe.
- Ability to run listservs in addition to the mailing list.
- Ability to send HTML emails to users with personalization features such as Dear [First name].
- Ability to import large numbers of users from their database and delete dupes.
I think that’s it. Anybody using a system like this now?