You may have run Facebook Ads and Google Ads, but many people often forget about Twitter Ads.
At flyte, we have many clients that heavily rely on Facebook and Google to drive traffic. However, they’re ignoring the opportunities of advertising on Twitter. A majority of Twitter users use this platform for news, sporting updates, product/service updates, and to join in on conversations on all of the above. Personally, I use Twitter to follow many digital marketing experts and sporting analysts. I always need to know which player will help my fantasy football team win (3 Time Champ)!
Lately, we’ve been interested in branching out from advertising solely on Facebook and Google, and seeing how Twitter ads fare. After running some similar campaigns, I wanted to share some data from our most recent Facebook Ad vs.Twitter Ad test. I have to admit, I was surprised at the results.. It’s almost as nice as finding twenty bucks on the sidewalk.
Are you using Facebook for your business?
Then you need to set up Facebook Business Manager. It is more secure than adding people’s personal accounts to your Facebook page or Ad Accounts and keeps the pages and ad accounts you manage in one central location. (more…)
At this point I’ve been on 207, the evening news program on the NBC affiliates in Maine, at least 50 times, talking about everything from online safety to smartphone photography to best recipe sites.
And under my name, in the byline, they’ll often say “Tech Guru,” “Tech Expert,” “Area Man,” or “Call Police – Do Not Approach.”
But never has it felt as sweet as when they used the simple word, “Author.”
I had the opportunity earlier this week to go on 207 and talk about my new book, The Lead Machine: The Small Business Guide to Digital Marketing, which was a blast. I even got a shout out for my editor, Lisa Canfield, at the very end.
Lisa, I hope you’re listening!
- Hours Spent
- Total Words
- Words Written (that day)
- Words Per Hour
- Build – How to build a platform where you can turn visitors into customers
- Attract – How to drive qualified traffic to your site, with a focus on search, social, and digital ads
- Retain – How to stay in touch with people after they’ve left your site
- Evaluate – How to measure and understand your site traffic, social engagements, and other marketing campaigns to determine what’s working and what’s not
You know how important showing up in search results is for your business. When someone Googles you, your products, or your services, you want to be found by them.
You also know how showing up in local search results can drive local customers to your website and your location. If someone is looking for your services or products in your area, you want to show up in the “snack pack”: the local results that appear highlighted on the map at the top of the search results page. If done well, you can show up in the map and in the organic listings below it!
What is the cloud and what is cloud storage? If you’ve ever had a computer die on you or lost an external hard drive, you may have wondered if there’s a better way to backup and store your data, photos, and files.
Are you looking to attract podcast guests to your brand new show, but not sure how to nab those first few interviews? In this post I’ll share some tactics to attract great guests to your show even if you haven’t published your first episode.
- The give and take of an interview makes for interesting listening. Of course, this is dependent on the interviewer and interviewee, but it can be more dynamic than just listening to one person read from a script.
- It takes a lot of the pressure off you. If you’re asking open-ended questions, your guests will be doing most of the speaking.
- You can learn a lot. Experts may charge hundreds of dollars an hour for consulting, but they’re sharing all their best content with you for free!
- You can extend your reach. Most interviewees will share your podcast with their audience as it helps build their own authority.
Why should you set up goals in Google Analytics? Goals give us better information and feedback on how our website is performing and how our best quality visitors are finding our site.
Previously we’ve talked about how to set up Google Analytics and how to create Google Analytics filters. Today, we’re going to focus on goals. If you’re interested in generating more leads online, than you’ll want to setup goals in Google Analytics…here’s how.
Are you responsible for the Halloween party this year? Do you have the playlist set? Ideas for spooky decorations? How about some creepy snacks for the trick or treaters?
Those were the questions I set out to answer recently on the evening news program 207, which airs on the NBC affiliates here in Maine….